Behind the scenes, our Community Operations Department is tasked with encouraging innovative and creative opportunities within the community, and all the customer support and engagement such a calling requires.
Today, we're excited to announce that the look and feel of our support pages
has been given an uplift!
Today kicks off the first in a series of rollouts overhauling our support pages to a more clean, organized look. Some changes of note:
- This new Support Search Engine laser-targets the appropriate FAQ or recent Help Desk update light-years better than its predecessor.
- FAQs can now be voted on for their helpfulness, to aid staff in improving upon some features that could have more clarity.
- A more cohesive organization of groupings of FAQs.
- Easier kick-off points directing deviants where to go, if they're not sure what to search for.
- Pinned updates and known issues.
- And, of course, our Suggestions Forum, the same as before, just with an updated look!
That said, updating the FAQs of a site as rich and storied as DeviantArt is a huge undertaking. Please bear with us if some FAQs look a bit odd. We will be updating those in the coming weeks, as well as shining up individual FAQs to make them easier-to-understand than ever before!
Have some FAQ about our FAQ?Will I still be able to submit Help Desk tickets?
Yes! Nothing about ticket submission has changed!Will :faq###: in old journals / signatures still work?
Yes! The "old" FAQ will remain intact until the new ones are rewritten. At that point, the :faq###: code will redirect to the appropriate updated ones!Is help.deviantart.com still the same?
Yes! Today's change was simply migrating the FAQs and Suggestions forums to our new system. However, we recommend you start referring to the FAQs on the new Help Center
, as those will be the most up-to-date. I found a FAQ on the new system that is miscategorized!
Thank you! There's an FAQ for that
. (But, ideally, we will be updating those in the coming weeks before you even find any!):faq###: codes in the updated system doesn't work!
We will be implementing every single FAQ (hundreds and hundreds) in the coming weeks, so we will eventually get to the code you see. No need to report it! Unless the year is now 2030 and you are accessing this site via hologram, and the code hasn't been updated yet. In that case, please notify us.
Thank you for your patience, and we hope you enjoy your new Support Center!